As families get back into the school routine and summer draws to a close with a last trip to the beach, lake, or pool for Labor day, let us take a moment to focus on labor. Work.
Scripture encourages us to
- Be hard workers. Colossians 3:23, 2 Thessalonians 3:10
- Be Fruitful Workers – Philippians 1:22, Colossians 1:10
- Balance work and rest – Ex. 20:9-10
- Pursue the kind of labor that is not in vain – 1 Corinthians 15:58
- See the purpose in the labor God calls us to do. 1 Corinthians 3:8 He will reward us for our labors.
- Build on the work of others. John 4:38
- Don’t worry. Luke 12:25-27 Do what God created you to do and trust Him to provide what your labor may have seemed impossible to accomplish.
Let these verses encourage you. Remember how blessed you are that you GET to do the work He has provided for you – you have the health to go and you have the job that others may wish they could attain. Also keep in mind that God has allowed you in that job situation (even if it is a tough one) for a purpose! Who knows but what you may have been put there “for such a time as this” as Queen Esther was. You may be there to give encouragement, prayer or help. Or you may have been put there to learn or to develop business or personal skills – even if that is how-to-get-along-with-difficult-people! Hang in there and know you are blessed!