from Psalm 37
1) Do not fret because of those who are evil or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away.
2) Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
3) Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun.
4) Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
5) Do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
6) Refrain from anger and turn from wrath;
7) Do not fret–it leads only to evil.
8) [Hope in the Lord.] For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the LORD will inherit the land. A little while, and the wicked will be no more; though you look for them, they will not be found. (9) And vs. 34 – Hope in the LORD and keep his way. He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are destroyed, you will see it.
9) [Remain meek.] But the meek will inherit the land and enjoy peace and prosperity.
10) [Don’t be wicked.] The wicked plot against the righteous and gnash their teeth at them; but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming. The wicked draw the sword and bend the bow to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose ways are upright. But their swords will pierce their own hearts, and their bows will be broken.
11) [Be righteous.] Better the little that the righteous have than the wealth of many wicked; for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous.
12) [Be blameless.] The blameless spend their days under the LORD‘s care, and their inheritance will endure forever. In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty. But the wicked will perish: Though the LORD‘s enemies are like the flowers of the field, they will be consumed, they will go up in smoke.
13) Give generously & repay your debts. The wicked borrow and do not repay, but the righteous give generously; those the LORD blesses will inherit the land, but those he curses will be destroyed.
14) Turn from evil and do good; then you will dwell in the land forever. (27)
15) Consider the blameless, observe the upright; a future awaits those who seek peace. But all sinners will be destroyed; there will be no future for the wicked. (37-38)